Information Studio Details
All classes will be conducted to Christian music. However, we will also be using Classical for our Ballet classes as well as some age-appropriate children’s music for our younger students.
- There is a $45.00 non-refundable registration fee per family.
- Tuition is due on the 1stclass day of each month.
- A late fee of $20 will be added after the 10th unless arrangements are made.
- There will be a $20 fee for returned checks.
- Full tuition is due each month whether it is a long (5 week) or short (2 week) month and regardless of whether your child attends every class or not.
- We will not hold classes in observance of certain holidays.
- No refunds can be given in the case of natural disasters. (i.e.- Hurricanes)
- Please make checks payable to “Steps of Faith Dance Studio” and drop in black payment box on the desk.
Monthly Tuition Costs
First class tuition: $50
Any additional class after the first is only $22, including sibling classes.
To help make sure our traffic flows as smoothly as possible:
- Please drop-off 5 minutes early, and pick-up 5 minutes late.
- Please follow arrows around building to drop-off under covered area
- The covered area is a 10 second drop-off/pick-up area
- No parking in fire lanes.
- Please do not drop your child off at the studio more than 5 minutes prior to her/his class.
- Most classes are “closed curtain” (meaning teachers, helpers, and students only in the classroom).
- This helps minimize distraction for the students. However, we will have open house in December and this will give parents a chance to come into class and observe all students are learning.
- You are more than welcome to stay in our foyer area during your child’s class time if you would like.
- Please have your child change back into street shoes before leaving. Dance shoes are for the studio only, they are never to be worn outside.
No classes will be held the following days:
- November 20-24 Happy Thanksgiving!
- December 25-January 5 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
- March 12-16 Happy Spring Break!
Reminder: Tuition is the same on months with holidays.
It is expected that class dress codes will be followed. If a student arrives for class out of dress code more than twice they may be asked to observe class only and may not be able to participate.
Attendance is taken at each class and recognition is given at the end of the season for perfect attendance. Good attendance is imperative, as absences can hold back an entire class. Please make every effort to have your child at every class unless your child is ill. This is most important after Christmas.
Students missing more than 3 classes during recital season (January to May) may not be able to participate in the recital!
When it is time to sign up for spring ball or other springtime activities, which also coincides with recital season, please keep in mind how important attendance is before recital.
Please avoid tardiness. The beginning of class is an important time when students prepare their bodies through stretches that will help them avoid injury.
It is required that all dance students be covered by their own family insurance policies and if injury occurs it is understood that the student’s own policy is the only source of reimbursement.
Most dance programs with end of the year recitals have extra costs/fees. Our program is no exception. These expenses can catch new parents off guard. Hopefully, knowing of these added costs in advance will help parents prepare for them.
$65 for levels I & II and Leap ‘N Learn Ballet classes ages 3-9
$85 for levels III, IV, and V
$40 per costume due by November 1st.
Due in full by December 1st.
$75 plus $20 for any additional students within the same family.
Due by February 1st.
These payments must be on a separate check from tuition.
Recital Ticket Distribution
- Each family will receive 4 free tickets to recital. Dancers DO need tickets for recital, per Beaumont Fire Codes. (To clarify, we have sold out the Julie Rogers Theatre before. If your dancer didn’t have a ticket, the building would be over capacity and your dancer would have no seat.) Your FREE tickets will include your dancer’s ticket. Please keep this in mind at ticket distribution time.
- A family with 3 or more enrolled dancers will receive 2 extra tickets free.
- Parents will be able to purchase 8 additional tickets at the time free tickets are chosen.
- Tickets will be distributed in the order of registration.
A child is not considered fully registered and will not receive a number in the ticket distribution order UNTIL registration form is submitted and the registration fee has been paid.
- Tickets are distributed to the person whose name is on the account.
Recital Related News
Julie Rogers Theatre – Monday & Tuesday, April 23-24, 2018 (Times TBA).
Participation is MANDATORY in order to dance in recital.
Julie Rogers Theatre – Thursday, April 26, 2018 at 4:00 pm for Recital A & 6:30 pm for Recital B.
Participation is MANDATORY in order to dance in recital.
Julie Rogers Theatre – Friday, April 27, 2018 at 6:00 p.m.
Julie Rogers Theatre – Saturday, April 28, 2017 at 2:00 p.m.
Recital line-ups will be sent out after Spring Break. We will have extra practices on a few Saturdays in the spring, days and times TBA.
*Please note: In 2018 we have an April recital booked, as stated above. We WILL have May classes as scheduled and have many special days planned! May tuition, and all balances will be due before costumes can be picked up.
Keeping Parents Informed
Due to the size of our studio at this time it is no longer easy or practical to communicate with parents on paper. Most communication will now be electronic, including newsletters. Please, make sure we have a current e-mail address if possible! All information will be e-mailed and posted on our website. Steps of Faith also has a facebook page! We also strongly encourage parents to sign up to receive our text messages. On your cell phone – In the “To:” field type 81010. In the message area type @sofda.